NV AOC Champagne 'Cuvée Perpétuelle - non dosé'


Regular price $125 750ml Sale

This is a multi-vintage blend - 60% is from the 2019 vintage, with the other 40% coming from the vin de réserve perpétulle: 2016, 17 and 18. A blend of 40% Pinot Noir, 30% Chardonnay and 30% Meunier – all Premier Cru fruit from parcels in Chamery, Vrigny and Coulommes-la-Montagne. The soils are of calcareous clay, sand and chalk. The wines are aged in stainless steel vats with some used barrels, and go through malo. Then aged in bottle for just under three years. Disgorged Feb 2023. Zero dosage. Total SO2 below 35mg/l. 12% alc.

This is stunning, and you would be hard pressed to find a better grower Champagne at this price. Immediately fine and mineral, with lots of sea breeze, raw almonds, apples, stone fruit and subtle oxidative notes. The bead is incredibly fine, and washes over your palate effortlessly. Perky and lively, with a gentle caressing mousse. Many flavours appear as it opens up, showing great complexity. Long in the mouth, with a chalky, salty finish. Extremely impressive.

2019 with some 2016 2017 and 2018
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Meunier
AOC Champagne
NV AOC Champagne 'Cuvée Perpétuelle - non dosé'